Recognizing that healthy families are indispensable to the preservation of a strong and free society, Massachusetts Family Institute (MFI) is dedicated to strengthening the family and affirming the Judeo-Christian values upon which it is based. MFI is a non-partisan public policy organization dedicated to strengthening families in Massachusetts. MFI engages in research and education on a wide range of public policy issues to strengthen the well-being, health and safety of families – its individual members and the collective unit.
Massachusetts Family Institute (MFI) is dedicated to advancing the Christian principles that form the foundation of strong families and communities. Established in 1991, MFI is Massachusetts’ leading nonpartisan Christian advocacy organization.
MFI provides legal advocacy, research, and education for Massachusetts’ Christian community—including all of the branches of Christ’s church—and others who wish to fight alongside us for our shared values and goals.
While many of the issues in which MFI engages are complex, we seek to ground all of our positions in Jesus’ teaching that “whatever you did for one of the least of these, you did for me.” We work to promote a social and legal order that values the life, freedom, and well-being of every child, woman, and man.
To that end, we seek to combat threats to the rights of families, churches, and communities and to build an environment where all people can thrive and prosper.
MFI has been a proactive, public voice on a number of issues including:
- Safeguarding the rights of churches and religious organizations to operate free from government interference;
- Championing the rights of all individuals to practice and live according to their faith;
- Strengthening, protecting, and preserving a Christian view of marriage as embodying the complementarity of male and female;
- Affirming the inherent differences between men and women as a reflection of God’s glory to be embraced, not a weakness to be overcome;
- Recognizing the male and female sexes as a real and enduring part of a person’s created nature, not an imaginary social construct;
- Protecting life, including the lives of the unborn, the elderly, and the most vulnerable among us;
- Promoting parents’ rights regarding the education and welfare of their children;
- Safeguarding the innocence of childhood as central to children’s healthy spiritual and mental development.
MFI is an independent, not-for-profit organization and supported through the generosity of our contributors.
Sign up for our weekly e-alerts to find out more about what we do and how you can be involved: Weekly E-alert Sign Up.